The Senior Coordinating Producer oversees and evaluates all logistical aspects of development
and production of all broadcast and digital content for BYU Broadcasting platforms. Reporting to
the Director of Content and working with other senior directors and BYUB personnel as
assigned, the Senior Coordinating Producer seeks to produce high-quality content within the
framework of a proscribed budget and deadlines that aligns with the overall network strategy
and which also meets the standards and approvals of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day
1. Develop and approve all overall contracts, scheduling, logistics and staff for
development projects and current programing. Coordinate with legal counsel to ensure
2. Oversee multiple shows in various stages of production and assign key personnel to
assure that programs are delivered on time and on budget.
a. Oversee the project initiation workflow through the greenlight process.
b. Manage and oversee progress of projects from development through delivery
within BYUB’s databases including delivery milestones, schedules and cost
reports. This includes A-level projects owned by this position, and B-level
projects owned by direct reports.
c. Communication and follow up as required by the Director of Content with both
internal and external producers.
3. Supervise logistical staff. This position will have 3 full-time reports, 3-6 student
employees and indirectly supervise all third-party production entities, including contract
employees (25-100 per project).
4. Film/Television research as required by the Director of Content.
5. Coordinate with key support areas at BYUB to ensure success with marketing, digital
media, and distribution of BYUB Content.
successful candidate will have a minimum of five years of experience in television, motion
picture, or a related field.
The Senior Coordinating Producer must have excellent communication and troubleshooting
skills, an attention to detail, and the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects at once.