Applying to the Graduate Program
School of Communications graduate program application timeline:
September – November
- Fill out application and make checklist of everything that needs to be done and when it needs to be completed by. (For a university application checklist for U.S. and international applicants, please click here).
- Get your ecclesiastical endorsement and contact people for letters of recommendation
- Sign up for the GRE and/or TOEFL exam. (For international applicants, we require the TOEFL as well as the GRE.)
- If you are an international applicant, submit an original transcript from the 4-year institution where you received your bachelor’s degree to IERF for evaluation.
December – January
- Remind people about letters of recommendation
- Take GRE and TOEFL, if required.
- Retake GRE or TOEFL, if needed
- Make sure letters of recommendation have been submitted.
- Submit your application. March 31st is the deadline to have everything submitted, if you wish to apply for financial aid. (If you do not need financial assistance, you have until April 30 to submit your application).
- You will be notified as to whether or not you have been accepted into the program. Register your acceptance with Graduate Studies by clicking on the link in the notification email.
- Fill out assistantship/scholarship form (included in the acceptance email).
- Register for classes
- New graduate student orientation (usually the last Friday in August).
- Click here to Apply Online
- Additional Graduate Program Information
- Graduate Courses Listing
- Frequently Asked Questions
For any additional questions, please contact:Debby Jackson Graduate Secretary School of Communications 360 BRMB Provo, UT 84602 801-422-2632 firstname.lastname@example.org