Full Time - Cummins, Inc.
Marketing and Communications Summer 2023 Internship Positions
Please note: Your application will be considered for all of our open college positions in our US locations.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Marketing and Communications candidates to join our team specializing in Marketing and Communications for our Corporate Business in Columbus, IN and/or your remote home office.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Helps to develop marketing plans by preparing basic market research and pricing analyses.
- Presents data to manager for discussion and interpretation.
- Works with leaders to develop marketing communication plans; prepares drafts of marketing communications.
- Provides project management support and communicates plans, deadlines, and achievements to project team members.
- Learns the role of Marketing on Value Package Introduction project teams as an observer; may support other marketing team members with assigned responsibilities.
- Learns the global brand strategy and how to align work products to that strategy.
- Learns about relevant marketing and sales systems and processes; collects customer satisfaction data to present to manager for discussion and interpretation.
- Learns relevant channel to support marketing activities.
- Teams with and collaborates across regions and business units.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Attention to Detail
- Develop Systems and Processes
- Focus on Customer Needs
- Analyze Issues
- Manage Execution
- Market Analysis
- Product Knowledge
Degree Programs Considered: Bachelor’s, Master’s, MBA
Major Programs Typically Considered: Business, Marketing, Management, Communications, Public Relations, and Economics
Internship program criteria :
- Must be a full-time enrolled student pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree
- Minimum 2.5 or above GPA preferred
- Must be able to complete a minimum of 10-weeks and up to a maximum of 12-weeks commitment
- Must be able to complete 40 hours per week
- Willingness to learn from others on the job
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage, and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
Primary Location United States-Indiana-Columbus-US, IN, Columbus, Corporate Office Building
Job Type Internship
Recruitment Job Type Student - Internship
Job Posting Sep 13, 2022, 7:20:26 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 22000515
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.