Students will be able to communicate effectively with their audiences: Specifically, students will be literate in the language of the media industries, and be able to plan and prepare mass media messages in the appropriate style, using the appropriate research methods and appropriate technologies to best serve audience needs.
Related Values and Competencies:
- Students will write correctly and clearly in forms and styles appropriate for the communications professions, audiences and purposes they serve.
- Students will critically evaluate their own work and that of others for accuracy and fairness, clarity, appropriate style and grammatical correctness.
- Numerical skills
- Students will apply basic numerical and statistical concepts.
- Students will apply tools and technologies appropriate for the communications professions in which they work.
- Students will conduct research and evaluate information by methods appropriate to the communications professions in which they work.
The professional values and competencies listed here are those mandated by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC). Read more about the ACEJMC on their official site, or view the full list of professional values and competencies here.