Skip to main content

Where Do I Go For Help?

Who Should I Contact If...
While many answers and solutions can be found on our website, there are some issues that must be addressed by speaking directly to specific faculty or staff members. If you have such an issue but aren’t sure who to speak with, please refer to the information below.


  • University Advisement Center – 2500 WSC, 801-422-3726,, website:

  • Contact the CFAC Advisement Center for an appointment by phone (801-422-3777) or in person (D-444 HFAC). Note: the Advisement Center office is currently closed and the advisors and staff are currently working offsite due to the COVID-19 pandemic. During this time students may also arrange an appointment through email (

  • Refer to the sequence map received at the new admit orientation. Create your grad plan. For a schedule planning template click here. Once complete you can send your plan to be reviewed by your Academic Advisor.

  • Comms internships page: You may also consider consulting with a professor, or using resources such as the BYU Comms LinkedIn group, the Comms BYU Connect group, or Career Services.

  • Speak to a communications professor, or contact Lane Muranaka, Career Director for the College of Fine Arts and Communications, (


Scholarships, Awards, Student Funding, Financial Aid

Student Employment

  • Layne Peterson, for all jobs except Universe jobs. For Universe jobs, contact Ellen Hernandez,

  • BYU student employment office

Undergraduate Classes/Scheduling/Grades

  • Debby Jackson

Graduate Program

  • Debby Jackson

Website Issues

  • Jacey Carpenter

  • BYU IT Home

Personal Resources

  • Chris Wilson or Mark Callister

  • BYU Title IX office

  • Main office 360 BRMB

Personal Resources

  • Contact the comms main office at 801.422.2997 so that we can help direct you to the appropriate area for resolving your issue.